Sunday, November 11, 2012

From the Butterfly Journal of Patrice Baylor Leigh


 
Every day I think about the prophecy to write the book that would help women who were on the verge of committing suicide because they have lost everything. “You are to write the book because you have lost everything but yet you have not lost your joy.” (Todd Hall)  I wondered how that latent joy would help me get up on this particular morning. Would it be a joyous day?  I faced the fact that joy had nothing to do with reality, that I couldn't go around acting as though nothing negative was happening in my life.

                Was it God's will that these things were happening now? Was it my entire fault? My repeated question was “What, Lord, do I learn from this? When will this nightmare end?” What exactly I was supposed to be doing I didn't know. I attempted to apply for teaching positions, but my hands froze just before sending off for transcripts, I didn't have the extra money anyway to pay for them. Besides that, I still suffered from a bureaucratic setback from the last teaching position I held. As I surfed the internet for positions in Louisiana I thought, surely New Orleans will need teachers. If not teaching, what?


No comments:

Post a Comment