Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Hello Happiness


As I was out “life styling” today I was able to share a little holiday cheer with a few people I met, and those with whom I do business. At Atlantic Station I looked for a linen store that I was told could be found at that shopping location. A street parking space was open as I careened into this normally busy area. What a blessing I thought when I looked at the meter and it still had a few minutes.

The streets were wet from a morning rain and a few people milled about. Carols hung in the air as did the sweet smell of grilled steak. The aroma of a winter that couldn’t make up its mind about staying teased those who were out shopping. The elements were just right for snow, something we seldom get in this town.

With its theaters, shops and restaurants I felt I had just discovered this nouveau place and wondered why I never bothered to travel to Atlantic Station on a regular basis. This shopping center was so reminiscent of my home town, and made for a happy person like me. The promise I made to myself was that now that I had a navigation system in my car I would travel to seemingly out of the way places like this more frequently. Because I am again on my way to a delicious recovery of my health, I need not fear the unknown. Joyeux Noël!

No comments:

Post a Comment