Saturday, August 13, 2011

In The Company of My Sisters

I have recently fondly been called a Facebook addict and I may agree. There is something grand about social media that makes you become more actively involved in your world. So before I go further, please let me give a huge thank you to Facebook creator, Mark Zuckerberg. I don’t imagine he would have known all of the positive effects his invention would have on humanity. Introverts can through the magic pages of Facebook become extroverts. Loners interact a lot better when they do decide to leave the comfort of their computer screen. Now that I have sufficiently thanked Mr. Zuckerberg let me continue this discourse. Discovering a plethora of tools with which to enhance the work I have been called to do in this season, let me say that none of this would be possible without my personal, spiritual, familiar network of great people. Having come from a large family of mostly girls, I know how to interact with my “sisters” on many levels. I think that having sisters both natural and familiar is a blessing in itself. A very dear female preacher friend (sister in the Lord) lauded the benefits of aligning yourself with a network of sisters. Her message “In the Company of My Sisters” is one that I shall cherish because it helps me understand that you are my sister and that I should be able to count on you for nurturing, love, support and discipline. These characteristics that I look for in you will help me understand my life’s work. If you were thinking that you are an Island and that you are accomplished because of your own sweat and tears let’s just say that somewhere along the way to accomplishment there was a network of sisters and sister/friends that helped build and mold you. This year alone I have connected in an enhanced way, with five great sister networks; my natural sisters, my Christian sisters, (both local and national)


, and the same for my sorority sisters. Now while everything is rosy, I am able to be comfortable with these ladies whose only objective is to better one another. The plans, programs and principles of each worthy group help me understand that I am in the presence of a great company of sisters. As I reach toward the mark of the higher calling my plan is to take you with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment