Monday, September 12, 2011

Status Check

It's early morning here and although I have to be up and at it in a few hours I've decided to get in a few pages of rewrite before going back to sleep. You see I was asleep a few hours ago but the alarm signaling I was losing my charge kept chiming. My husband woke me to ask what was ringing. I was so groggy and tired from a full day of activities that I didn't understand a word he was saying. Finally I sat up and fished for my cell to turn it completely off. But what that did was fully awaken me. So the pages I promised to do before going to sleep had a chance to be finished. Now, I am writing with more purpose because I have been given a tremendous opportunity to join the ranks of published authors. My book Looking for the Promise was self-published. Without editor or readers to critique my work I forged ahead and began marketing the book. What I am enjoying most about the this process is the chance to tell more of the story of Marva Stewart Shepherd. And of course telling people that I am a writer. Now I'll be able to add, published novelist as soon as the ink drys on the contract.

No comments:

Post a Comment