Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Charmed I'm Sure

Good morning world. A restful sleep and an interesting dream has me thinking about jewels; one on my ear and others nearby. What's the meaning of this one huge, clustered, diamond earring in my left ear. Hmmmm! As I awake I think of the jewel as a trinket that might be placed on a charm bracelet and that reminds me of the bracelet my mom bought me when I graduated from 8th grade. Wow! Such a long time ago. But lately I've been longing to purchase a silver bracelet to hang all of my latest accomplishments. That bracelet from 8th grade was such a treat and I'm reminded of it as though it was given to me yesterday. The astonishment of receiving such a nice gift from my mom still brings joy. On that bracelet hung my life. Roller skating, reading, writing, sewing, knitting and the things I couldn't find a replica for, boys. Yeah I was a little boy crazy.

How was my mom able to afford such a gift having so many children? She was a stay-at-home mom and my dad was an auto mechanic. The bracelet was a lasting gift and one I cherished so much. It spoke volumes of her love for me. Perhaps because she is now in her waning years I want to have something close by that will always remind me of her love.


No comments:

Post a Comment