Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Purpose and Destiny

Often I’ve wondered about destiny and fulfilling purpose, you know the ideas that come across your mind when you think you’re not doing enough to make a difference. Deciding that it doesn’t take a lot is what led to my afore-posted blog, Things that Make Me Happy. Spending a few days in my hometown of Chicago allowed me to reflect on how my life is spiraling. Taking that round trip flight was cause enough for celebration; the aircraft took off and landed with no problems four times for its’ passengers. Having fun with the flight attendants who promised they would eBay my garment bag if I forgot it at the end of the trip caused a stir. At the end of the flight I told the young man “No eBay for you!” using a terrible Russian accent. While making myself comfortable in the window seat after stepping over a gentleman’s bag I was glad I didn’t kick his bag in anger. That consideration and giving him the airline peanuts I didn’t want got me the promise of a speaking engagement at my alma mater. He is an instructor there he told me. While in Chicago I did as planned and made space for the unplanned (mom had surgery the day I arrived). Although I wanted to attend church services with my sorority sisters I thought it would be wiser to accompany my younger sister to mom’s house to help make her comfortable. At 87 mom is way bossy and spoiled. I blame the siblings that remain in my hometown. But I love her both near and far. These reflections make me realize precious life. Now while finishing up my communications to Facebook friends I remember I have a few doctor’s appointments to schedule. Routine stuff to make sure I stay out of surgery. Ah h h h h life! I am grateful for you. In case you missed it; being a kind, considerate friend to you is my purpose and my destiny is to find you.

No comments:

Post a Comment