Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I went into a nail salon today and before seated I asked the tech for a cup of hot water. The morning started off pretty swift and I didn't have time to make my Cafe` Latte. I figured I could relax and have my coffee as he did my nails. The blonde Asian smiled and responded that he didn't have any cups.  Not to worry I have a cup in the car. I retrieved the styrofoam cup and handed it to the young man. He seemed to be taking his time about bringing the water and starting my service.

When he returned with the water he said, "The owner says you can't have food or drink in here, you'll have to drink your coffee in your car." My mind went to instant reply of the last time I was in that salon. I pictured the owner walking to the register with a cup of java in her hand.

"Oh, no problem. Throw the water out. "

"Here's your cup," he shrugged.

"Oh, toss that too." I then proceeded to gather my things, walked out the door to my car and drove to the next nail salon on the block. It wouldn't have been a problem to comply with the owners regulation if I had never seen the owner drinking coffee. Case of do as I say, not as I do.

The owner was within her right to ask me to not drink in her salon. I was within my right to find a friendlier, spa like atmosphere. Oh drat I should have gone to D'Lor where they actually serve you coffee or tea. Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment